- This event has passed.
Kirklees Property and construction Lunch 13th February
February 13 @ 12:00 pm - 2:30 pm£45.00 – £75.00
Head of Development Management at Kirklees Council
Simon’s roles and responsibility consist of; relationship with the city region and LEP, economic strategy, transport strategy and skills strategy, planning strategy and development.
He is also responsible for overseeing;
- Regeneration and strategic assets economic delivery, major regeneration. projects, strategy for the council’s own assets.
- Culture and vibrancy (including creative economy, oversight of events, M&G)
- Housing, housing options including homelessness prevention, relationship with KNH/PFI, housing strategy accessible homes.
Strategic Director Economy and Infrastructure – Kirklees Council
Karl joined Kirklees in February 2018 and has previously worked in 6 local authorities at a senior level. Most recently he was the Director of Economy and Environment for Wigan Council, and before that spent 12 years at Rotherham Council, 7 of which as Director of Environment and Development Services.
A planner by background, Karl has a regeneration focus, and has experience of managing a range of place based services and has led some large economic regeneration programmes in both Rotherham and Wigan and was a key player in the Greater Manchester Combined Authority.
Karl was born in Bradford, graduated from Huddersfield Polytechnic many years ago so has strong local connections and a good feel for the Town and its character.
He lives in Rotherham with his partner Helen and her two Children, Charlotte and Oliver, and has two children of his own, Sol and Ona.
- An update and a more in depth look at the Kirklees Local Plan
- Transport and Infrastructure upgrade developments and investment
- A refresh on growth and development strategy
An overview of Kirklees Council’s “problem” sites with a workshop style interaction from attendees to offer up ideas on what could be achieved with such sites and how they would complement the local plan going forward.