- This event has passed.
Kirklees Property and Construction lunch – July 5th
July 5, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 2:30 pm£45.00 – £72.00
Director of Housing and Residential Growth (Kirklees Council)
Naz Parkar is the director responsible for leading the Kirklees housing growth and delivery strategy with a focus on design quality, placed based solutions and construction skills. He has a proven track record in land based regeneration in senior roles in both the public and housing association sectors. More recently he held a senior government role as the Executive Director of the Homes and Communities Agency (now Homes England) for the North East, Yorkshire and the Humber.
Working in partnership with Combined Authorities, local enterprise partnerships, local authorities, housebuilders and private sector providers, Naz brings a wealth of experience at a national, regional and local level to help shape and influence the region’s future.
At Kirklees Council, Naz also leads the Inclusion and Diversity and having set up the Transformation PMO, now leads a number of Transformation Programmes on behalf of the Council.
He is also a Non-Executive Director on the Board of a leading Housing Association and been the Chair of Governors for a local primary school in Leeds.
Points Naz will covers at this Event:
- Sub-regional and regional housing agenda
- Housing more broadly and as a driver of economic growth
- Constructions Skills for the future
- Accelerated construction and the use of innovative technologies
- Focus on the North Kirklees Growth Zone delivering 6,000 homes
- The role of Homes England and other partners in helping us deliver our ambition
Strategic Director Economy and Infrastructure (Kirklees Council)
Karl joined Kirklees in February 2018 and has previously worked in 6 local authorities at a senior level. Most recently he was the Director of Economy and Environment for Wigan Council, and before that spent 12 years at Rotherham Council, 7 of which as Director of Environment and Development Services.
A planner by background, Karl has a regeneration focus, and has experience of managing a range of place based services and has led some large economic regeneration programmes in both Rotherham and Wigan and was a key player in the Greater Manchester Combined Authority.
Karl was born in Bradford, graduated from Huddersfield Polytechnic many years ago so has strong local connections and a good feel for the Town and its character.
He lives in Rotherham with his partner Helen and her two Children, Charlotte and Oliver, and has two children of his own, Sol and Ona.
Points Karl will covers at this Event:
- Where we are with the Local Plan/Planning generally
- Transport and Infrastructure – Trans-Pennine Route Upgrade, investment in roads and working with the bus franchises on journey times as well service availability
- Strategic context for growth and development and also the refresh of our growth strategy
- Our emerging thoughts for Huddersfield Town Centre and our new cultural quarter
- Perhaps some thoughts on devolution in Yorkshire